Sunday, September 5, 2010

6 months

I literally cannot believe we are halfway through Felicity's first year. On Friday she celebrated her first half birthday, turning 6 months old. Felicity, if you ever read this someday (and I really hope you do), know that I think you are amazing and couldn't adore anything more. I am so proud to be your mommy.


The latest:
  • We loaded up in the pouring rain this morning to take Felicity to her six month appt. She had only gained 1 oz. since her four month appt., but the doctor didn't seem to be concerned. She said it is probably because she is more active now. She also grew one inch, so that puts her latest stats at: 16 lbs. 12 oz. (70th percentile) and 27 inches long (90th percentile). She is officially no longer off the charts at over 98 percentile anymore!
  • She has been pretty fussy all day after the shots this morning, so with the rain, we've just had a cozy day indoors....although, she seems to be feeling better. I just found her eating the band-aids she took off her legs from her shots.
  • The little one is still on the same napping and feeding schedule: wake and nurse at 7:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m.; naps from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and bedtime at 7:30 p.m.
  • She is also still enjoying her rice cereal for breakfast every morning after I nurse her. I still feel like she really enjoys the taste and there's no denying she loves to eat, but she still pushes the spoon out with her tongue a bit...we're working on it. We are starting actual baby food at the very start of six months, so I'll have more to report on that later.
  • She's not really doing this anymore, but at the beginning of this month, she was definitely very entertained with her fake cough. She was not sick, but just loved the attention she would get when she "coughed." Thankfully, that dramatic flair has died down.
  • We're still squeezing into her 6-9 month clothes, especially the six month size. I'm not going to buy her any more summer clothes, so I'm waiting just a bit longer and then I'm going to get  her some larger fall/winter outfits.
  • When you call her name, she looks! For some reason, I find this skill very exciting. I guess it because it one of the first signs of true communication with her.
  • She's still in size 3 diapers and finally, finally has gotten down to only a few poop diapers a day, sometimes only one! This is huge since she's been pooping almost 10 times a day since she was born. Out. of. control.
  • Teething: this is the worst. I feel so sorry for her because you can tell how badly it is hurting her. No teeth have popped up yet, but for her sake, I'm hoping its soon. For my sake (with the nursing), I'm hoping it will take a little while longer. :-)
  • She's not crawling yet, but she's really trying. She will get up on her knees and elbows and just rock back and forth. As soon as she figures out to push up on those arms, things are not going to be the same around here!
And here are the obligatory monthly pictures of her in the glider in her nursery:

Felicity and her daddy have the same haircut.

She was quite enamored with the fan.




And this time I shot some of her sitting in her own little rocking chair...



No comments:

Post a Comment