Saturday, September 18, 2010

Poopercises

Yes, we are now doing poop exercises, or "poopercises", as I call them. Why oh why was I so excited about starting solids?? I mean, yes - it was a bit of a novelty the first few times...she looked so cute with the food all over her sweet face, but now, I'm over it. I mean, it's still fun to watch her get so excited to eat and try new things, but it has caused many new frustrations additions to my day:
  • LOTS more laundry with LOTS more stains
  • LOTS more dishes
  • A LOT longer feeding time. She is a pretty good eater, but she is slow...very slow. It takes almost an hour to nurse her, then feed her baby food and then get her all cleaned up. No more 15 min. of nursing and done.
  • And lastly - she has become MAJORLY constipated
As in, she hadn't pooped in four days. This coming from the child that has multiple dirty diapers a day. When I called the doctor's office, the nurse said, "well, I'm sure you are already doing the exercises." Exercises? To make her poop? I was not aware of any such thing. She then preceded to explain to me how to do these "poopercises", so we've been doing them multiple times a day since...and feeding her lots of prunes. I have to say, they did work. I won't post pictures of that victory, but let's just say these new diapers are nothing short of scary. It's a two person job. Here are some cuter pics instead.


3 comments:

  1. with ethan, i was all about starting the solids (new! exciting! i got to make baby food! wear cute bibs!!) i too was over it about 3 weeks after we started because of the EXACT reasons you listed. savvy is getting close to 5 months and i am insisting we wait until 6 months. i can't even begin to think about solids. some might even say i am dreading it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one. It is a CHORE!! My mom warned me to wait until as late as possible and she was right. Oh well, I guess it is just a passing stage...until the next one that will have it's own new challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i will also need to read up on the poopercises... i didn't know about them, or perhaps i forgot. who knows. felicity sure is cute though -- the blue eyes just melt me!

    ReplyDelete