Monday, June 14, 2010

Longview Sip & See...and more

We recently loaded up the bean and went to Longview for an action-packed weekend. On Friday night we hit up local hot spot, Carlito's. Saturday morning started off early when my brother, Ryan went to take the ACT and forgot his calculator, so I had to make an early morning run to give it to him. Later that morning, 17 (yes, 17-Longview throws big showers!) of my mom's friends hosted an absolutely lovely sip & see for Felicity. I was so grateful for the opportunity to introduce our little one to all of our friends in my hometown.

Grandma, me, Felicity, Mom

Lynda, Anna (Ryan's girlfriend), me, Felicity, Grandma, Suzanne, Mom

Cathy, Linda, Shelly, Felicity, me

After the sip & see, we were all pretty beat. We just lounged around the house eating popsicles that afternoon, while Moppy and Poppy got in some good lovin' with Fe.

Ryan and Mom

Poppy and Fe


Saturday night, Lyndsey and Chris had their couples shower at the Gordon's beautiful new lake house. I have so enjoyed getting to see my dear friends so often lately. They had a gift card shower, which was a genius idea - I wish we had had one of those when we got married!

Us and our boys
Andrew, Leah, Justin, me, Lyndsey, Chris, Brittany, Ryan

Sunday morning we didn't get to stick around long. Ryan was catching a flight in Dallas headed for Camp Kivu (formerly Kanakuk Colorado), so we left Longview around 6 a.m. to drive him back. All around it was a great weekend - fast and furious, but full of family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment