Monday, June 7, 2010

Old friends, new changes

I am one of those rare people who is still best friends with the girls I went to first grade with. I feel incredibly lucky to be have such a sweet history with these girls and to have friends that know, literally, everything about me. Even though we all live in different cities now and have for quite some time, we make it a point to get together at least once a year. Here's a picture of us from a few years back:

Me, Lyndsey Sage, Leah Gordon and Brittany (aka: Boates) Hooks

2010 is a big year for us: I had a baby in March; Lyndsey is getting married in August; Brittany is having a baby in August and Leah is getting married in December! And on top of that, we have our 10 year high school reunion this year, which Brittany and I are planning, but that is another story...

Last weekend we went down to College Station to throw Brittany a baby shower for little Jackson. Felicity joined us for her very first slumber party, and fit in perfectly as one of the girls. Saturday night we ordered pizza, played skip-bo and caught up on what's going on in each other's lives - pretty much what we do every time we're together. I love that it never changes and it is always so relaxed, comfortable and full of laughter. 

Leah plays a mean skip-bo game, you can tell.

On Sunday we kicked Brittany out of her house and Brittany's sisters-in-law, Jessica and Elizabeth came in town to help host the shower too. We went with a baseball theme, which I think turned out pretty cute. Thank you, Justin for lending us all your baseball gear!



As a fun treat, our four moms loaded up and took a mini road trip together down to the shower. It was great for me to have my mom there so she could help with Felicity.



The girls and our moms

The hostesses and the beautiful momma-to-be

Boates, I know you and Ryan will be wonderful parents. Jackson is a very lucky little boy and I cannot wait to meet him!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post so far! :) Thanks for making this day so special! Jackson is so lucky to have 3 great "aunts".

    ReplyDelete