Monday, April 25, 2011

1,460 days

That is how long we have been married (on April 21)! We celebrated our 4 year anniversary by taking our first trip without Felicity and headed to Fredericksburg. I really slacked off on taking pictures while we were there. In fact, this one below is the only one I have of the two of us together when we hiked up to the top of Enchanted Rock.


After climbing down we thought we'd do the couple mile trek around the park. We hadn't gotten very far when we saw this:

People, do you see what's going on here? Let's take a closer look, shall we?

A SNAKE - ATTACKING AND EATING A LIVE FROG. We stumbled upon this when we noticed these guys peering over this water and then we saw what they were gawking at. Then these fools   proceeded to pick up the snake, like they were Bear Grylls or something. Not cool. We continued along the trail until we got to a really shallow body of water that we were going to have to cross and I spotted another snake in there...needless to say, I was out of there. Show me the shopping and wineries, please!

I didn't really take any other pictures of our adventures, but it was such a sweet and much needed break. I told Justin what I was looking forward to most was eating a meal, staying seated throughout the whole thing and not having to cut up tons of food into tiny little bites. It's funny how your perspective changes and what you find relaxing once you have kids. Thank you sweetheart for a wonderful vacation and lots of warm memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment