Friday, April 29, 2011

Cheerio! It's a Royal Affair

Yes, I got up at 3 a.m. to watch the Royal Wedding (well, actually I couldn't sleep, so I just stayed up and moved out to the couch about 1 a.m.) I have been so excited, it is pathetic. I've been following it on the Today Show for months and am a bit embarrassed to admit I even downloaded the Royal Wedding App on my phone!

I have never had much interest in the British monarchy...it has always seems complicated and a bit stuffy to me, but along with the rest of the world I guess, something about William & Kate's romance has captured me. Other than the Olympics, I cannot really think of another event that unites the entire world for a positive occasion.

Felicity was all in for the historic event too. Decked out in her pj's and hat, we spent the morning snuggling on the couch soaking in all excitement. Our favorite parts of the grand affair were Kate's beautiful gown, the second kiss on the balcony and their exit in the Aston Martin.

Now, I've got to go order some Royal Wedding tchotchkes and memorabilia to remember the historical event...and go buy a fabulous fascinator. I am LOVING the head wear!

Cheers to William and Catherine!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Maybe one day Fe will do a presentation about the royals and can use this photo as a visual aid! :) The teacher in me....

    ReplyDelete