Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome home, Harry!

I'm not even sure I've mentioned on here that one of my brothers, Harrison (aka Harry) is an officer in the Marines and was deployed to Afghanistan last July. I am so proud of him for how he serves our country. He is truly one of the most patriotic people I know...and those seem to be getting harder and harder to find these days. Anyway, after serving nearly10 months over there, he returned safe and sound. We greeted him at the airport where he met Felicity - for the very first time. He is regularly stationed in Japan, so he missed her birth and I was so happy that he finally got to meet his only niece!

"Hi, Uncle Harry!"

 Harry and Mom

Our entire extended family came over to our house for a welcome home celebration/dinner.

Harry loves eggnog more than anyone I know and he wasn't able to have any this past Christmas over in Afghanistan...so, as welcome home present, I (shockingly) was able to find a bottle hidden away on the shelves of Wal-mart in February (high quality, I'm sure). Anyway, here's a pic of me and Fe with my brothers + the nog. I felt bottle he's holding up in the picture deserved an explanation.

The whole Gillam clan

On the floor are our cousins, Brad and Aaron and on the couch - Justin, Felicity, me, Ryan, Harry and his girlfriend, Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment