Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Celebrating with Lyndsey and Chris

It had been quite a while since I had been to a wedding, and even longer since I had been in a wedding, so I was elated to celebrate with Lyndsey and Chris at their wedding this past weekend. To start with, I traveled down to Austin a few weeks ago for Lyndsey's bachelorette party, leaving Felicity for the first time overnight. So yes, since I'm still breastfeeding, I was the loser who was having to pump every four hours during the weekend, but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. At least I was there! And I must brag on Justin, because he was super dad while I was gone. I assumed (and recommended) that he just stay close to home where he would have access to everything he needed...bottles, diapers, her crib, etc. but no - he planned a full weekend of activities for himself and Lici. During the day on Saturday he took Felicity to the pool party/diaper shower for the Baird's and then went to my family reunion at my aunt's that night! I probably called him more than he called me, but it was just because I missed them so much. Although, I have to say - I thoroughly enjoyed and needed a weekend full of some fun girl-time.

No pics of Daddy and Lici that weekend, but here's some from our festivities in Austin. During the day we ate lunch at one of Sandra Bullock's restaurants, enjoyed cupcakes at Sugar Mama's and swam at the hotel rooftop pool. Saturday night we threw Lynds' her lingerie shower in our hotel room followed by dinner and dancing out on the town. Sunday morning we had a yummy brunch together before we headed home.




Now to the wedding weekend...Lyndsey's aunts and grandmothers threw a wonderful bridesmaid luncheon at La Duni. It was delicious. I mean - really delicious. Check out my plate:


Then we headed to Salon Pompeo to get our hair done. It was so nice to be so pampered.



Then we went back to the hotel for a quick rest...

Then off to the church to get ready!
Lynd's let each of the bridesmaids choose their own short black dress.

Chris decorated the bottom of Lynd's shoes to walk down the aisle...how sweet.

Lynd's cute camo garter for Capt. Chris...


Lovely.


Reception time!


The happy bride and groom - CONGRATULATIONS!!
Captain and Mrs. Christopher Markos

(I just realized this is a very long post. I probably should have broken this up into more than one...if you're still reading, thank you.)

1 comment:

  1. i like long posts, and of course i am still reading! you {and lyndsey, too} looked absolutely beautiful! take care! xoxo, stephanie

    ReplyDelete