Saturday, August 7, 2010

5 months

We have made it to 5 months!
I cannot get over how much I love this little lady. She is such a gift.

Here's the scoop on Felicity at 5 months:

  •  She's still nursing four times a day (7:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.) with two main naps (9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m.)

  • Her interest with eating all hands has only increased, but now she is also very interested in anything that is in your hands too. It is getting more and more difficult to drink, eat or talk on the phone while holding her because she will try to take it all from you!
  • In addition to her hands, she's also discovered her toes. Those piggy pies make a tasty treat!

  • We have not started any solids yet, but are going to do that at 5 1/2 months. So I'll be back to post the update on how her first encounter with rice cereal goes soon. I can tell she is very ready to start eating. In addition to trying to snag any food/drink in our hands, she is obsessed with watching us eat. It just mesmerizes her...according to the books, this means they are ready for food.

  • She's also more interested in her toys now - picking them up, putting them in her mouth, straining for them when they are just out of reach

  • Rolling is still another of her favorite pastimes. She can roll across the room in no time. I'm convinced she may not want to crawl since she's developed such a talent for getting where she wants by rolling.

  • She's laughing a lot more now, which is just amazing. I don't think there's anything sweeter or more uplifting than listening to a baby get the giggles. It is my favorite. She really gets going when I'm putting lotion on her after her bath and trying to get it up under her neck fat rolls.

  • She's still in 6-9 month range in clothes. I'm hoping we can stay in these until it gets cold, since thanks to all our sweet friends and family, we basically haven't had to buy her any summer clothes. I am really looking forward to finally having a reason to go shopping for the little lady once fall arrives.

  • Oh and lastly, we gave her a sippy cup of water on her 5 month birthday! I'm not sure she's figured out how to actually get liquid out of it and into her mouth yet, but we're working on it. It was exciting, but I have to say, seeing her sitting up holding a sippy cup makes me a little sad. I feel like she is just getting so big so fast.

Laughing at Daddy






"I've had enough!!"
The end

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she is 5 months already! I need to see her soon before she gets even bigger! Adorable pics.

    ReplyDelete