Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ready or not...


Felicity is wearing panties. When she woke up on Friday morning and I was going to change her diaper, she promptly alerted me, "Mama, no change diaper. Panties!" So, I decided to have a go at it.

We've been talking about going to the potty for a while now. You may remember this post I did when she was about 18 months. She went a few times in the potty and was showing interest, but it was right around that time that we decided to put our house on the market and move...so mama did not have the energy. Potty training got put on the back burner. But in the past month, we've been talking about it with her a lot and she's also been taking her diaper off recently. I have not read any books or done any research on potty training, so I was not prepared. The only thing I had really heard is that if they are showing interest, let them try because you might miss your window.

Two days in, I'm really impressed with her. She has gone in her potty at least 10 times and has only had 3 tiny accidents. She gets so excited when she goes and gets up and says, "Flush the toilet!! Get a treat!!" Not sure how we are going to wean her off getting treats every time she goes to the bathroom, but that's a battle for another day. Right now, I'm just really proud of her. I'm sure this is only the beginning of her telling me how it's going to be, whether I'm ready or not.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating the blog! I love catching up with that sweet girl. And btw your neighborhood is still amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! I'm so behind, but slowly I'm trying to catch up. I'll be going back trying to cover what's been going on since we moved in. I can't wait for you to come visit!

    ReplyDelete