Monday, March 5, 2012

Perfect day spent outside

We are L-O-V-I-N-G this weather. The day after Fe's birthday, we spent the entire day outside. It was wonderful. We packed up a picnic and tried out a new park in McKinney.



It is so fun for the little ones (and the parents), when they are free to run wild in nature!


Then we headed back home for our neighborhood classic car show, where I had to work at the hot dog stand. I am by no means really interested in cars...I know absolutely nothing about them, but it was so fun! Really, just being out walking around, catching up with friends, looking at all the cute old men polishing their prized rides...some of them even had these precious little "scenes" set up. Like the one below has the fake dog peeing on the tire and on the other side he has a tray attached with all his drive-in food.


I liked this little vingette too -- with the blanket and picnic basket attached to the back. I'm imagining they are dressed in their best and out for their Sunday drive...

I must admit, admiring these cars made me long to live in some of these eras where life just seemed simple and sweet.


Then back home to enjoy the view from our front porch with a glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment