Monday, September 19, 2011

Off to "school"!

Last Tuesday was Miss Felicity's first day of "school"...or, Mother's Day Out, where she is in the Teddy Grahams class. We went to the open house the week before and she was a bit timid at first. We have temporarily (I hope) entered the separation anxiety stage again, so I wasn't sure how it would go. When we drop her off at church she generally only cries at the very beginning and is all smiles after...at least, she's always happy when we pick her up and that's what the teachers tell me. At the open house, once she found the baby doll and the stroller, she was all set...so, I figured she'd do okay. Plus, I think she's type of kiddo that will enjoy all the activities at school.

So the night before I packed up all her princess gear that she had picked out for school:
Lunch included her favorites - peas and fruit, complete with a little note from mama and dada (and a drawing of Foofa) 


 We started the big day with a healthy breakfast of yogurt, milk and banana...

Now, I tried to get some cute shots of her before she headed off to school...


But as you can see, she was not into posing. She was ready to go!

When I picked her up, she was helping the teacher clean. So proud...she must take after her daddy!

 They are studying the color green, the number 1, the letter R and learning about bananas. Here she is showing off her artwork she made with banana peels. Mama and Dada think it is beautiful!


And her official first day report:


No comments:

Post a Comment