Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Grandpa Moss, L-view...and a song

Justin's grandpa, Jack Moss, passed away a few weeks ago. He had battled cancer and liver failure when the Lord finally called him home. He was a true man of faith who lived his life well and left an incredible legacy. Grandpa Moss will be greatly missed.




Justin traveled to Florida for the funeral this past weekend, and although I sent him with a camera, alas, he returned with no photos. While he was there Felicity and I went to Longview so I could help Ryan pack for college (he leaves for SCAD this Friday) and to celebrate my parents' birthdays.

At the birthday dinner...




While there, my brother, Ryan and I recorded a version of the worship song, "How He Loves Me". Ryan arranged, produced and recorded all the music and he and I both did the vocals. He is super talented and I've wanted to record something with him for a long time. I'm so glad we got the chance to hang out before he left. I love doing stuff like this, but don't seem to get the chance very often. We both were in our creative element, so to speak, so if you are looking for an explanation of the attire - that's it. :-) We had the best time.




Ry, you are my creative hero. Thanks for bringing so much beauty to our lives. I can't wait to see the masterpieces you will continue to create. Thank you for always inspiring and encouraging me. I love you so much.






3 comments:

  1. such a pretty song -- love the arrangement!! miss you! give me a call sometime... it is perfect arboretum weather and it would be fun to go with the kids! xoxo, s

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! very cool arrangement and you both sound amazing - but so beautiful together. you two should record a few songs together. brother sister bands are probably trendy... :) and Asher, I'm proud of you for posting this. You're growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much!! All the credit for the very cool arrangement goes to Ry. And yes, Steph - I will! I'd love to get together and we have a pass that could get us all in for free! I'll call soon...

    ReplyDelete