Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Miss Caroline Mae - part 1

It's a GIRL! 

We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our littlest gift for nine months and on August 12, 2013 at 9:55 a.m. - SHE arrived! We waited to find out the sex of this baby, so it was so exciting to be surprised...and we couldn't be happier with her. She was delivered via c-section by Dr. Haldermann at Baylor McKinney and weighed 8 lbs. 6 oz. and was 21" long. 


So, I'll begin this birth story two days prior on our due date (Aug. 10), when I had a bit of an accident. It was Saturday morning and we had just gotten home from one of Felicity's friends birthday parties. Jack's construction party was so cute. 
Here's Felicity "driving" the bobcat.  

After we got home from the party, I was coming down the stairs and turned around to take something back to Felicity's room and then decided not to, so I turned back around to go down, somehow losing my balance. I tumbled down a few stairs and landed on my back in the corner of the landing - somehow managing to bust a pretty good size hole in the wall in the process. 

The doctor said we needed to go to the hospital and get everything checked out and monitor the baby for a while, so we were up at Baylor McKinney for about four hours that day. Big praises that everything looked just fine and we got to come home that evening. Nothing like a little pre-baby drama though...

Here's my belly and the hole I put in the wall. Lovely, huh? I'm still not sure how I managed to take a chunk out of the wall, but I think it was with my elbow, because both were scraped pretty bad. Who knows....but Mr. Non-Procrastinator Husband even had it fixed while I was in the hospital with Caroline, so it was all back to normal when we came home. Love that about him. :-)

The day of the fall, I was planning on going to get a mani/pedi, but since that never happened, I ended up going on Sunday, the day before delivery and decided to bring along my two favorite people. :-) Really, I thought Felicity would have fun getting a "real" mani/pedi and when I asked her if she wanted to come along, she was so excited. And Justin was dad-of-the-year for coming along to hold little miss while she got all fancy. At least he got a free glass of wine from it. Felicity, of course picked the two brightest shades for her nails and toenails. 
Can't you just sense her excitement?

Justin looks like he's losing steam here...


That night my parents came in town so they could be there to watch Felicity when we went to the hospital early the next morning for the birth. We enjoyed dinner together at Fireside Pies and then took some sweet shots of our family before four.


Then we enjoyed putting Felicity to bed together and savoring some sweet time just the three of us. I was so excited obviously about adding a member to our family, but I think there's always a small part of you that's sad to release the life you've known for three years. I feel blessed beyond measure that God chose Justin and me to be Felicity's parents  - she is a true joy and I love being her mom. And now I feel beyond blessed that he has given us another of His little girls to raise. 
Sleeping on her new princess pillow Grandma made her... I think kiddies snuggled up in bed are one of the sweetest scenes.

Adore.

Looks like Justin is passing along some wise life lessons...:-) 

Love her to pieces...
and couldn't be more excited to add another little life to our family.

Stay tuned for part 2 - CAROLINE MAE CLEVELAND ARRIVES!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment